Saturday, June 6, 2009

layover in chicago...



hello friends!

so as of right now i can't update the website, but hopefully we'll get it up and running soon. anyways, we've got a pretty big layover in chicago, but we've got a sweet deal thanks to john. we're hanging out in the admirals club with our lunch catered! here is a photo of us hanging out!

see ya'll in brussels!

peace and love
julia

here are some fun facts about our team!

john: 48 years, son of a pediatrician and a nurse, 4 brothers & sisters, including brother gary who was a full time, long term missionary for operation mobilization for many years. very happily married to natasha with two lovely, lovely daughters, nicole (19, sophomore at usc film school in la) and alexandra (16, junior at usn high school and master fiddle player). currently founder & ceo, southwind health partners, a physician practice management firm serving not-for-profit health systems ("at the intersection of the hospital/physician relationship). love music, art, movies, travel...

natasha: by profession, i am a cancer research scientist specializing in novel personalized treatment srategies for colon cancer and novel ways to image cancer aggressiveness. on the personal side, i'm dedicated to my very active family life, and to my church (st. b's since 1992). i love to garden, to cook, to play my mountain dulcimer (am a former 10 plus year founding member of the nashville dulcimer quartet).

marjie: i drove a mario andretti race car at 152 miles per hour. i worked as a journalist for over two decades, covered the entertainment beat and interviewed, among others, johnny cash, paul anka, tom jones, and sarah mclachlan. i also won first prize at a county fair for my first crop of potatoes grown on manitoulin island, ontario.

jerry: i just celebrated my 33rd anniversary of my ordination. i also just ran my first ever half marathon (time: 2hrs and 17mins). i used to play hockey and was led to Christ by a pro-hockey player when he was waterfront director at a summer hockey camp.

nicole: i'm a student at the school of cinematic arts at usc, and am unbelievably blessed to live an exciting life in los angeles with so many opportunities! in addition, i get to do cool stuff like go with my family and friends on this trip to liberia, where i'll be making a documentary. i like to cook, read, and go for walks. shoutout to the best friends in the world - miss you guys!

julia: i love to create: sewing, knitting, baking, coloring, etc. i’m hopelessly addicted to lost and the office. music is my favorite.

alexandra: i'm 16 years old and have been playing the fiddle for more than half my life. i spend most of my time playing music with my friend lizzie and otherwise whenever i can. i'm excited to help out at the dentist clinic and meet local people in the next couple weeks!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome group of folks. I think each of you is wonderful! And I mean that. :)

    And why am I up at 3:45 am?? Guess I'll go to bed, but I've been mixing a new record!

    peace and love
    phil madeira

    ReplyDelete